Friday, July 08, 2011

July 6 th and the 8th

Today started out with the urge to stay in bed, if it wasn't for the fact that we were dangerously low on a few necessity's I would of stayed there longer. Toilet tissue and peanut butter are two things that we never want to run out of, wouldn't be pleasant, let me tell you.So to make a long story short, Mary I went into Madison to do some shopping, getting Mary going in the morning is akin to pulling teeth with a pair of tweezers, just ain't gonna happen without the well meaning bribe, "I am going into Madison and stopping at the Frugal Muse" got her up and moving. The Frugal Muse is one of the favorite used book stores we frequent, in fact the one on Sherman Ave. is one of my favorite book stores , it has that bookstore feel, although things are perfectly marked, it invites you to look and it has that "relaxed" feel to it.
   The knitting book department is lacking though, used knitting books are found at Half-Price bookstores, they seem to have a surplus of new ones also.I am on the lookout for Barbara Walker and Elizabeth Zimmerman books and Alton Brown's cookbooks.Also a large book on knitting ,but the name escapes me, I know it was in high demand a few years ago, it's out- of- print, and it was on Ebay for close to $400.00 at one time. It's like the principles of knitting or something like that.
  Today is Friday, not sure what happen to my post , but I found it and am adding to it, DH started  his week of vacation at 3:01  this afternoon. Not sure what is going to happen, or where we will be going, I am thinking mostly day trips.On another note it is Lodi Fair time and it's a noisy madhouse on our usually quiet block. The fair is just up the block, and parking is at a premium , there is music for the next three nights with a demolition derby on Saturday night, don't try to sleep till after midnight. The Police presents is intensified at this time, due to underage attempts at drinking, last year, one of our deputies was arresting a person of interest who resisted and the Deputy was hurt bad enough he was on medical leave for 6 months. Some peoples kids!!
   I need to do some cooking , so I'll duck on out and get back to you later.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Since you got so close, I've finished the conversion. Here is your post in Yoda.

To stay in bed today started out with the urge. If for the fact that we were dangerously low on a few necessities it was not, have stayed there longer, I would. Toilet tissue and peanut butter are two things that we never run out of want to; be pleasant would not, me tell you let. So to make a long story short, some shopping, mary and I went into madison to do. Akin to pulling teeth with a pair of tweezers, getting mary going in the morning is; just ain't happen without the well meaning bribe going to. "Going into madison and stopping at the frugal muse, I am" Her up and moving got. One of the favorite used book stores we frequent, the frugal muse is. In fact, the one on sherman ave. Of my favorite book stores is one. That bookstore feel, it has, although perfectly marked, things are. That, it invites you to look and it has "Relaxed" To it feel.
Lacking though, the knitting book department is. Found at half-price bookstores, used knitting books are. Surplus of new ones, they seem to have. Also, on the lookout for barbara walker and elizabeth zimmerman books and alton brown's cookbooks, am I. Also a large book on knitting ,but the name escapes me. I know, in high demand a few years ago, was it. Out- of- print and it was on ebay for close to $400.00 at one time, is it. Like the principles of knitting or something like that, it is.
Friday, today is, to my post not sure what happened, but to it I found it and am adding. Of vacation at 3:01 this afternoon dh started his week. Not sure what is going to happen or where we, going, will be. Thinking mostly day trips, am I. On another note, lodi fair time and it is a noisy madhouse on our usually quiet block, is it. At a premium, the fair is just up the block and parking is. Music for the next three nights with a demolition derby on saturday night, there is. Try to sleep till after midnight, do not. Intensified at this time, the police presence is, to underage attempts at drinking due. Last year, one of our deputies was arresting a person of interest who resisted and the deputy was hurt bad enough that, on medical leave for 6 months, was he. Some people's kids! .
Some cooking, I need to do, so duck on out and get back to you later, I will. Yeesssssss.

AlisonH said...

POK is being reissued: Amazon has it for pre-order for November for $29.

About Me

Married to DH for 19 years, have 3 children 35, 32 and 18, 2 cats and a dog.